Responsibilities of this career opportunity include:
1. Provide a high level of customer service for both external and internal Bank customers while taking ownership to resolve questions/issues for said customers.
2. Manage a portion of the loan documentation process working in conjunction with Commercial Loan Officers, Credit Analysts, Assistants, as well as Loan Review to ensure loans are closed with accurate and appropriate documentation.
3. Coordinating, ordering and reviewing due diligence items and third-party loan documentation requirements of the loan approval process. Third party due diligence items include but are not limited to, articles and operating agreements, UCC Searches, title insurance commitments, surveys, environmental documentation, and flood determinations.
4. Properly complete checklists for each loan.
5. Identify risks through due diligence review and participate in potential solutions.
6. Maintain compliance with regulation requirements such as HMDA reporting, CIP, OFAC, etc.
7. Understand and support the Bank’s policies, procedures, and relevant regulatory requirements.
8. Make process improvement recommendations to Manager, Lenders and appropriate staff to reduce risk and improve profitability.
9. Maintain high levels of customer confidentiality.
10. Cross train and perform as backup to Commercial Loan Assistants.
11. Provide administrative loan assistance to Commercial Lenders.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Chief Lending Officer.
Successful candidates must possess:
EDUCATION Secondary education preferred, but not required.
EXPERIENCE Minimum five years’ experience as a Loan Coordinator including: obtaining loan documentation; proven exceptional customer service; working knowledge of all commercial loan documents, funding and related risk management. Experience with software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
QUALIFICATIONS Successful candidates must possess a professional demeanor along with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and have excellent proven communication and organizational skills. The ability to work in a team environment is essential, but must be able to work independently, be organized and prioritize to meet deadlines.
Grand River Bank offers a competitive wage, amazing benefit package, and fabulous work environment. Candidates interested in this career opportunity should send their resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. ; attn. Commercial Loan Coordinator. Grand River Bank is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.